Nihari is categorized as the most popular thick curry dish that has its unique taste.
Mutton Nihari is made using Mutton meat, all purpose flour, cinnamon sticks, cardamom, Garam Masala, ginger garlic paste, chili powder, coriander powder, fennel seeds, yogurt, nutmeg, cloves and bay leaves.
These ingredients give perfect blend and taste to Mutton Nihari.
Try this unique Mutton Nihari recipe listed on HamariWeb. Method of preparing delicious and mouth watering mutton Nihari recipe is although lengthy but easy to make.
It is mainly served with Naan, Adrak, or Lemons. You can prepare it for Dawat and guests will love it.
Mutton Nihari Recipe will be a perfect thing to be prepared for Eid dinner. Use the same proportions of ingredients and follow the method step by step to make perfect Mutton Nihari.
If you desire to make genuine Mutton Nihari recipe with great taste than simply follow this recipe.
Mutton Nihari Recipe Eid Recipe
- Preasure Cooker Or Cooking Pan
- Mutton – 1 kg
- All purpose flour (Maida) – 2 tablespoons dissolved in 1/4 cup of water
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cinnamon stick – 1
- ay leaves – 2
- Cardamom – 2
- Cloves – 8
- Garam masala – 2 tablespoons
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tablespoons
- Chilli powder- 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Yogurt – 3 tablespoons
- Ghee or cooking oil – 1/2 cup
- Nutmeg – Few pinches
- Spice masala:
- Make it as a powder
- Fennel seeds – 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- Ingredients For Garnishing:
- 1 Onion fried to brown
- 2 Green chillies chopped
- 2 Ginger strips sliced
- 3 tablespoons coriander leaves chopped
- Clean the mutton and cut into medium pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and add bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon stick and ginger garlic paste
- Add the mutton and fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Now add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, yogurt, garam masala and fry until the oil separates.
- Add the nutmeg, cardamom, spice masala and 3 cups of water and cook on low heat for 3 to 4 hours.
- Finally, add the flour and cook for about 10 minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves, ginger, onions and green chillies.
- You can serve mutton nihari with chappati, naan or rice.