The government is in favor of revising the rules governing social media.
Islamabad High Court Chief Justice Athar Minallah heard the case.
Chief Justice Athar Minallah remarked that Articles 19 and 19A are related to fundamental rights, it seems that stakeholders were not consulted while making social media rules.
Attorney General Khalid Javed Khan while informing the Islamabad High Court said that it will review after consultation with the petitioners and concerned stakeholders, complete ban or closure of any platform is not the solution to the problem, some respite should be given, PT A and will review the rules together with stakeholders.
The court said that the Attorney General has a very positive response, consultation is necessary and it is very appropriate, if they are ready to review the social media rules, then offer your suggestions to them, we should have full confidence in them and good thing.
- Salu Mian left everyone behind in terms of film earnings
- The Queen’s reaction to the revelations of Prince Harry and Meghan came to light
- Cargo train of Pakistan, Iran and Turkey restored after 10 years
- A senior ICC official has been jailed on corruption charges
- Bangladesh’s first eunuch news anchor
The court had also appointed judicial assistants in the case. The Pakistan Bar Council and the Pakistan Federal Union of Journalists (PFUJ) are key stakeholders in the case.
The court adjourned the case till February 26.